Credentialing Consensus Conference
FEB 21-23, 2019
BOHEMIAN HOTEL 700 BLOOM ST. CELEBRATION, FL 34747
The Robotic Surgery Credentialing Consensus Conference is being hosted by the Institute for Surgical Excellence (ISE). ISE is bringing together over 40 representatives from a dozen institutions with extensive robotic surgery credentialing experience, almost every surgical society, government, and industry. The goal of the meeting is to help develop standards regarding how hospital systems evaluate the qualifications of applicants who wish to perform robotic-assisted procedures or renew privileges in their facilities to ensure the highest quality and safety of surgical care.
Meeting presentations will include:
- The need for credentialing standardization in robotic surgery
- Robotic credentialing from the perspectives of Institutions, societies, and government
- Commonalities among some of the best existing robotic credentialing programs
- Implementation strategies for robotic credentialing programs
Break-out group discussions will cover:
- Group 1: Prerequisite Education and Training Qualifications
- Group 2: Assessing the Surgeon’s performance – Quantitative Metrics
- Group 3: Ongoing monitoring and surveillance
In the last portion of the meeting, the participants will begin an in-person Delphi process to drive credentialing consensus.
The Delphi process will be continued after the meeting through online surveys.